Soil Compaction - Calcium Deficiency & Magnesium Deficiency
When soil is tight, roots don’t grow and you can’t dig!
In order to adjust the tightness of the soil you must address soil compaction issues. This allows more water and air to move through the soil. The result is a reduction in common weeds like dandelions and clover. In addition, loosening up the compacted soil will produce stronger plants.
EW4H Replenish For Your Lawn and Replenish For Your Gardens organic based fertilizers are perfect for maintenance. Because of their compost base, these products will provide the ideal rate of elements and nutrients needed by the soil and the plant.
Soil Compaction Deficiencies
- Calcium Deficiency and Magnesium Deficiency
- Calcitic Lime is calcium carbonate. It provides some calcium but almost no (<5%) magnesium. Therefore we recommend it when magnesium levels are in the normal range.
- Dolomitic Lime is calcium carbonate combined with magnesium carbonate. It contains up to 20% magnesium. Therefore we recommend it when there are both calcium and magnesium deficiencies.
- EW4H MagFusion provides magnesium without the calcium. Therefore we recommend it when magnesium is needed but calcium levels are in the normal range.
- Calcium and magnesium deficiencies indicate that you would benefit from using the application frequencies indicated as “optimal” in our EW4H Programs. We recommend two (2) applications of EW4H Replenish dry fertilizer in the spring and fall. In addition apply EW4H Liquid Fertilizer monthly in the summer.