How To Submit a Soil Test
The Best Way to Start Creating Healthy Lawns and Gardens!
Get started creating healthy lawns and gardens. It's really quite simple. In addition, you will be helping the environment by capturing carbon one lawn and garden at a time. Follow these steps on how to take a soil test.
Purchase A Soil Test Kit
Enter sample location. Example: lawn, garden, flower bed.
- Add the Soil Test Kit to your cart.
- Check out! Then wait for your Soil Test Kit to arrive.
Collect Soil Sample
- Take samples from 3 to 6 areas of the location to be tested. Because this gives us the best overall sample.
- Use a trowel to collect the soil. Dig down about 6 inches and then place the soil in a clean bucket.
- Mix all of the soil together. Remove any debris like grass, rocks and leaves from the bucket.
- Allow the soil sample to dry for 24 to 48 hours.
Fill Soil Sample Bag
- Place your 1 cup of dry soil in the provided sample bag.
- The soil sample must be submitted in the provided sample bag.
- If you purchased multiple kits, be certain your sample matches the label on the bag.
- Fold the top of the bag down two to three times. Then close the bag tightly with tabs.
Ship the Soil Sample Bag
- Enclose the soil sample bag in the provided return envelope.
- The Soil Test Kit Information Card must be included in the return envelope.
- If you purchased multiple kits, be certain the label on instruction card matches the label on sample bag.
- Close and tightly seal the return envelope. Postage is prepaid. Drop in the mail!
- You will receive an email when your results are ready to view.
- A link will be provided in the email to view the results and recommendations.
Turnaround time is 3-5 days.